Friday, February 4, 2011

Feb Week #2 Meal Plan

 This month I am incorporating items from my pantry & freezer in order to purge out our stockpile just a bit ~ and minimize our food budget.



Here is what I plan to feed my family this week, hopefully it will help you in your meal planning:



Snack Options:
  • string cheese
  • corn chips and homemade salsa/ wholly guacamole (got a score deal at albertson's this week .50 ea. stocked up the freezer!)
  • fresh bananas & apples & frozen blueberries.
  • yogurt
  • baby carrots & celery sticks with ranch :)
  • yogurt covered raisins
  • cereal - trail mix! (we had about 3 diff partial boxes of cereal that needed to be finished off ~ so I mixed them together to make a kid friendly trail mix :) I added gold fish crackers and a handful of raisins. The kids have been munchin' on it like crazy!



Breakfast Options:
  • Cold cereal
  • Smoothies
  • Applesauce, canned peaches, frozen blueberries. (cleaning out the pantry & freezer) 
  • I hit a sale on bananas (.33 per lb) I bought enough to make about 4 or 5 loaves.  I'll be freezing them in 1/2 loaves.  So they will be easy to devour in a week's time without getting stale.
  • Pancakes! I made pancakes today but doubled the batch so that will have a steady stash in the freezer for a few weeks to come here is the recipe my kids/husb like:  Bisquick Melt in your Mouth Pancakes!  I always add vanilla to the batter, and about a 1/2 cup of extra milk to thin them out a bit. So they are not super dense. 

Lunches:

  • Leftovers
  • Progresso soup (cleaning out the pantry) 
  • Mac N Cheese (pantry)
  • Grilled Cheese/Cheese roll ups/BLT's
  • Cheese & Crackers (kids)
  • Carrot sticks, celery sticks, hummus (homemade) 
  • Bananas/Apples/Strawberries



Dinners:



Sunday: CrockPot Night: Ribs  Recipe here This is a great winter recipe!

Monday: Salad Night: Chef Salad - with the works and slice of warm homemade Classic French Bread on the side.  Salad night last week was a huge hit - both my guys loved it.


Tuesday: Casserole Night: Nacho Casserole Recipe Here  This recipe comes highly recommended by my friend Tracy. Cannot wait to try it :)



Weds: Breakfast Night:  Scrambled Egg muffins Recipe Here These are great - my kids love them. I usually omit the green bell peppers and add a small can of diced green chiles instead. They also freeze wonderfully for easy breakfast options.


Thursday: Pantry Night: This will be a "unplanned" night - GASP! :) I have lots of odds and ends to pull from in my pantry. We will see if this theme sticks around for next month - but worth a try for this month :) Right? Nice to clean out the cupboards every now and then.  **This worked well last week - it was a great end to the week to use up a few leftovers and pull from the pantry**    

 Friday: Pizza Night:  Homemade Pizza Dough  We are really enjoying this night - Last week I made Deep Dish BBQ Ckn pizza for the husb, and a cheesy garlic pizza for the kiddos - with a homemade (from scratch no recipe!) white sauce, and it was a HUGE hit. Who knew making pizza could be so easy and have so many options! Green Salad on the side and leftovers for lunch Saturday afternoon! :)


 Saturday: Freezer Night:  Enchiladas or Lasagna - from the freezer. I made them last month in preparation for this month's freezer night :) Lazy Saturday afternoons = very little cooking for Mama on freezer night!

Bread this week:


Whole Wheat  and Country White


Sweet Treats this week:


Peanut Butter Cookies (new to us recipe)  and/or 
Butterscotch Brownies (these were a big hit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment