After scoring bananas for .33 a lb yesterday, I decided that my Saturday morning mission was to make as many loaves & muffins as I could (before lunchtime!)
Although these are not COMPLETELY from scratch they sure are yummy and easy. The bisquick made it super easy to double the batches. I made 2 - double batches, and took the kids outside to play while they baked. That gave us 12 mini loaves of banana bread, and 29 blueberry banana muffins.
Most of these are headed to the freezer. One loaf went to the neighbors, and one loaf went to my parents. And a couple little ones (who shall remain nameless) devoured some yummy blueberry banana muffins for snack this morning, they did have a rather handsome gentleman as an accomplice. I guess taste testers are important :)
Bisquick Banana Bread Recipe Here!
My only alteration for this recipe was that I used applesauce instead of oil, and instead of leaving them all completely plain, I mixed in frozen blueberries for the muffins, and chocolate chips in a couple of the loaves. Love that I now have a nice little stash of banana bread in our freezer for weeks to come. I do think the Bisquick made them very light/fluffy. Compared to my usual banana bread recipe that is normally a little denser.
No comments:
Post a Comment