Sunday 1/2/11 - Enchilada Casserole planning on topping this one with sour cream and a side of tortilla chips. (and Sliced jalapenos for the husb.) *note to self ~ Used green enchilada sauce and topped it with whole grain tortilla chips towards the end of baking (before adding the cheese) Definitely on the menu next month.
Monday 1/3/11 - Biscuit Pot Pie Going to use ckn instead of turkey - b/c it is what we have on hand and one of my other NY's resolutions is to be frugal!*update* learn something new every day...after almost 6 years of marriage the husb tells me pot pies are not his favorite. I guess the topic has never come up! Little man enjoyed the biscuit topping and ate the carrots out. Won't be on next month's meal plan. It smelled delish and looked like a great comfort food. If my diet wasn't so strict I'm betting I would have loved it!
Tuesday 1/4/11 - Ham potato casserole - looks like a delish comfort food.
just recently I stumbled upon - http://joyinmykitchen.blogspot.com/ I would love to try each and every recipe that is listed on that blog....so many of them look delish and have motivated me a great deal to cook from scratch - What could be better for my kiddo's bellies but wholesomeness?
Wednesday 1/5/2011 - Garlic Chicken Quesadillas speaks for itself, looks easy and kid friendly. I'm planning on sneaking some veggies in with the cheese. I'm sure little man won't even notice!
Thursday 1/6/2011 - Already a favorite meal at our house - but I'm excited to try the whole wheat buns recipe...Bacon Cheddar Turkey burgers on whole wheat buns Planning on using up turkey patties we have in the freezer. Grilled/seasoned and topped with bacon & cheese (jalapenos for the husb)~ on fresh homemade whole wheat buns. I'm sure they will disappear fast.
Friday Night....1/7/2011 Homemade Pizza Night! Excited to try this recipe. I'm sure my little kitchen helper will love creating his own pizza. Planning on loading him up with a ton of veggie options for toppings!
Saturday Night 1/8/2011 Soup Night! Baked Potato Soup The husb is not a huge fan of soup...but I'm hoping this one will win him over :)
Sunday Night 1/9/2011 **from Scratch**BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Packed with protein AND veggies while topped with BBQ sauce. Love the way they cut out the processed ingredients!
There you have it - one week's worth of our monthly meal plan. I'll post more later in the week!
Happy New Year ~ from our house to yours!
Carly, I love this! I think I will try one tomorrow!! :) This is one of my goals this year..to be better at menu planning!
ReplyDeleteWow -- what a great start to 2011!! I hope you enjoy this journey of cooking from scratch! I've certainly enjoyed the process and am so happy you've found recipes from our kitchen that you're looking forward to trying!
ReplyDeleteSnoWhite, Thank you so much for your kind comment! After my kids go to bed I have spent hours upon hours on your blog. I really appreciate the detail that you go into and the great photos.
ReplyDelete