What I plan on feeding my family this week:
::Sunday:::
Breakfast: banana bread from the freezer or cold cereal (their choice) fresh stawberry smoothies on the side. <smoothies usually consist of fresh strawberries, yogurt, fruit juice, flax seed, and frozen blueberries>
Lunch: Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches, carrot sticks and baked Lays chips.
Dinner:
Three Cheese Pasta Bake I'll be adding diced chicken breast to this recipe ~ serving it with sauteed green beans, and apple slices.
::Monday::
Breakfast: Oatmeal or Cold Cereal ~ orange slices.
Lunch: Peanut Butter & honey Sandwiches on this Whole Wheat Bread. yogurt covered raisins, diced peaches.
Dinner: Baked Ham & Cheese Hoagies - this is a great QUICK recipe - super easy. Take some sliced ham, cheese of your choice, stuff it inside a hoagie roll and wrap in foil, bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15-20 mins (I usually just eyeball it) Once the cheese is melted you are good to go. Sometimes I add sliced jalapenos to the husb's - but either way its delish. Planning on serving these with a side of brown rice pilaf for the kiddos (I'll post recipe later when I feel like typing it up!) and some carrot sticks w/ jalapeno dip.
:::Tuesday:::
Breakfast: pancakes (pre-made pulled from the freezer) or cereal ;)
Lunch: Soup from the pantry ~ I'll let little man choose. Cheese roll ups on the side for dipping <whole wheat tortillas w/cheese melted inside> Huge favorite. Apple slices.
Dinner: Simple Bean Tostadas I picked up a HUGE bag of these crisp corn tortillas for less than a dollar at the store last week ~ looking forward to using them :) Celery sticks & carrot sticks & strawberries on the side.
:::Wednesday:::
Breakfast: granola or oatmeal ~ yogurt w/ sprinkles ~frozen blueberries.
Lunch: cheese & crackers, apples and peanut butter, strawberries.
Dinner: breakfast! Whole wheat toast, eggs cooked to order :) and turkey sausage. Fresh fruit on the side and cooked broccoli.
:::Thursday:::
Breakfast: french toast from the freezer (pre-made last month) or cold cereal.
Lunch: chicken breast & rice pilaf. steamed broccoli on the side.
Dinner: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas Verde New to us recipe - looks pretty basic, and I have some free corn tortillas in the freezer ;) will serve it with a side salad.
:::Friday:::
Breakfast: banana bread or cereal - Smoothies.
Lunch: Brown Bag burritos pulled from the freezer ~ strawberries ~ celery w/pb.
Dinner: Family Pizza Night ~ homemade pizza dough Recipe here and whatever my little heart desires as toppings :) Have not created a bad pizza yet!
:::Saturday:::
Breakfast: pulling Cinnamon Rolls from the freezer.
Lunch: Crock pot Chili & Corn bread
Dinner: Leftovers OR Enchiladas from the freezer :)
There you have it - my week's worth of meals. I have everything I need on hand, and will only be going grocery shopping if I find some score deals in the ads tomorrow on great stock up prices. Simplifying the menu plan while keeping balanced meals on the table. Maintaining my focus on eating from what we have & building our stockpile ~ using coupons every second of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment