Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/10/2011 - 1/16/2011 Meal Plan

Monday 1/10/2011 Sleezy Cheesy Chicken  planning on serving with a side of steamed broccoli and some carrot sticks.

Tuesday 1/11/2011 Taco Salad - No recipe needed and we never have leftovers on taco salad night!  I usually cook up a batch of ground beef or turkey in the crock pot with some taco seasoning. Add canned diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, kidney beans and black beans to the crock pot while it cooks. Once the meat is done - Top the salad with your taco meat mixture - shredded cheese/chopped tomatoes/chunks of avocado/ crushed tortilla chips - a great dressing if your salad is too dry - Mix red taco sauce with french dressing (equal parts) delish. 

Wednesday 1/12/2011 Christmas Eggs What is better for dinner...than breakfast? Its a favorite at our house and my guys would literally eat breakfast for dinner every day of the week if I would let them....looking forward to trying this recipe -  we definitely do not need to use 1 dozen eggs for our little family - I'll cut the recipe in half and serve with a side of fresh fruit and some homemade whole grain toast.

Thursday 1/13/2011 Crock pot beef and broccoli I absolutely love using my crock pot - so this one should be great.  My family does not enjoy rice (white or brown) So I will be serving it over whole grain noodles.

Friday 1/14/2011 Homemade Ckn Nuggets Little man is not a fan of chicken nuggets - I'm hoping this recipe wins him over.  I know our princess and my husb will definitely love this one. Planning on serving this with mashed potatoes and a green salad.

Saturday 1/15/2011 Best Ever Eggs I'm really curious to see if my family agrees that these are the best ever. Some nights you just have to take it back to the basics ~ scrambled eggs, wholewheat toast, side of fruit. (my kids will love it)

Sunday 1/16/2011 Chicken Stew This stew seems to cover all the basics.  Planning on serving it up with some crusty cheesy homemade garlic bread and maybe a couple crackers for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment