I will be the first to admit my family is not a huge fan of oatmeal or applesauce for that matter. But baked into a quick bread like this - they usually devour it.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread
I substituted Ultragrain Flour instead of all purpose flour, used no sugar added applesauce, AND I added one whole fresh shredded apple (& left some chunks) it was super moist. I used plain instant oatmeal packets and toss in some milled flax seed b/c it has amazing benefits, it's rich in omega 3 essential fatty acid and fiber, flax seed supports normal digestive function and can have cholesterol lowering effects, it also promotes heart health and reduces inflammation. On my package its reads that for every 14 grams of flax seeds, you get 3 grams of protein. I try to sneak it into recipes whenever I can - Don't take my word for it - google: cold milled flax seed benefits :)
Now tell me that recipe doesn't look delish.
No comments:
Post a Comment