Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/24/2011 - 1/31/2011 Meal Plan

Monday 1/24/2011  Breakfast Skillet. No recipe for this one - I usually toss chopped ham/sausage/or bacon into the skillet - add a small can of green chiles. Cook til done. Add eggs - scramble. Top with cheese once the eggs are cooked. Pair with some whole wheat toast & fresh fruit.

Tuesday 1/25/2011 Corn Dog Muffins Tried and true recipe...my guys love it.  Ideally next month I would like to make my own corn bread mix. But for now - we are clearing out the pantry. So jiffy corn bread mix it is. I didn't buy hot dogs this month it really doesn't go with my cooking from scratch theme. But we do have some in the freezer we need to use up. This is the perfect recipe for using up both items.  Keepin it simple...carrot sticks and broccoli as a side.

Wednesday 1/26/2011 Toasted Sandwiches These look like such a great idea. AND so simple to make...leaves me wondering...why didn't I think of that! :) Nice work Finding Joy in My Kitchen!
Green salad as a side.

Thursday 1/27/2011 Egg Wraps! Super kid friendly...I'm sure they will unwrap them...and eat the filling THEN devour the whole wheat wrap! (the husb will get his wrapped in a jalapeno tortilla for extra spice and diced jalapenos inside!)

Friday 1/28/2011 Cheesy Whole Wheat Vegetable Calzone Little man will love to help make these! No doubt about it.

Saturday 1/29/2011 - Pantry Night. This will probably consist of canned soup that needs to be eaten.  Mama gets the night off from "cooking" 

Sunday 1/30/2011 Cheddar Ckn Potatos  This recipe looks so easy - yet so good. I will more than likely sneak in a couple more veggies (chopped small/hidden) for the littles.

Monday 1/31/2011 Philly Cheese Steak Melts I'm guessing this will be a fav for the husb. The littles will more than likely pick out and eat the steak, cheese and bread. I will serve fresh slices of tomatos as a side.

There you have it one full month of meal plans. That wasn't so painful was it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment