Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Successful dinners always make me happy!

This bread is AMAZING Homemade Whole Wheat My goal for this month was not to buy any bread and after baking this loaf today - I don't think that will be a challenge at all. Just as SnoWhite has stated on her blog.  This bread also reminds me of store bought texture. Which is what my family is used to.

Dinner tonight was Ham and Potato casserole and it was a SUCCESS! yay! The husb really enjoyed it asked me to put it on next month's menu AND said he would eat it as leftovers (if you know him you know he is not a fan of any leftovers!) guess what he's having for lunch tomorrow ;) I did omit the mushrooms/onions and I used about half of the green bell peppers to win the kids over.

Just a heads up: I made this casserole last night once the kids were in bed - in preparation for today. I did everything BUT bake it. It stored great over night in the fridge and then today all I had to do was toss it into the oven. (SO much easier than having two hungry kiddos at my ankles while I'm chopping veggies and making a cheese sauce. Love this casserole, its a new favorite at our house.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm so glad these were both family hits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely hits! Little man has vowed that he does not like potatoes (unless they are fries) so for him to eat the casserole ~ that was big! and he asked for a piece of the whole wheat bread today - just plain with butter ;)

    ReplyDelete